Monday, October 16, 2006

Sold Foreign Rights for "Killing Down"

Really good news for my film "Killing Down"... we made a deal early last week and sold our foreign rights. We sent out 75 screeners and got five offers within a week. Companies were rounding out their slate of titles to rep at AFM in Santa Monica the first week in November, so the deal happened very fast.

I held on to the domestic side of things and we have two offers pending right now, but I'm in no real hurry there. I want to play the field some and see what opportunities arise.

I'm not really at liberty to discuss the financial aspects of the deal, but we did very well. My investors are happy and in fact are already willing to put money into my next project!

The film will be released this coming spring virtually all over the world. It will very possibly do a theatrical run in several European territories and maybe Latin America. In the US and Canada (this is under negotiation) it will show up in most major DVD outlets, likely pay-per-view, and we're looking at a cable TV premiere.

BTW, I'm writing this from Hawaii right now. The earthquake yesterday was very wild and quite scary to be honest. I'm from Texas. We have tornados occasionally, but nothing like this. Luckily I'm in Maui, so we only felt a 4.5 magnitude quake. Yeah, only 4.5. I'm actually still shaking. :)

-Blake

2 comments:

Sujewa Ekanayake said...

Congrats on the sale Blake. Very exciting news indeed.

- Sujewa

Sujewa [Blog Admin] said...

Awesome. (i commented about this yesterday but it did not show up, anyway...) Very exciting news Blake. Congrats.

- Sujewa