Thursday, May 18, 2006

"Matt's Birthday Gift" screening at NYU Cantor Film Center

This weekend, I participated in the NYC Midnight Run. The theme was "revenge" and 50 teams of filmmakers had 24 hours to write, shoot, edit, and score a short film. I have to say, it was an exhilirating experience. I hardly ate and didn't even have time to "drop a deuce" (ok, the crass comedy has ended). I wrote the script from 12am--5am (woke my girlfriend up when I couldn't find some blank paper to print the script) the actors were on set by 10am, shot until 3, and edited until 11pm. I almost coughed up a lung running to the bar to hand in the finished film. I was on a creative high until yesterday, when they announced the 12 films moving on to the "BEST OF" screening, and eligible for $10,000 in prizes. Our film didn't make the cut



Needless to say, it was a great learning experience and if you're in the NYC area, come check it out. Our film is the first one slated to screen on Sat. May 12th and its only $5.


More info here: http://www.nycmidnight.com/2006/MidnightRun/NYC/Screenings/Screenings.htm

"Matt's Birthday Gift" is a cerebral short about a futuristic cell phone that ruins the lives of two hipster Brooklyn couples, kind of like a poor man's Eyes Wide Shut with a mix of Charlie Kaufman-esque comic surrealism. (Thats a mouthful!)

IN OTHER NEWS...Auteurvision has been steadily coming along, and with any luck, should have it finished and out on the festival circuit early 2007.

And come be my friend at MYSPACE http://www.myspace.com/wyattbenbernstein

Best,
WB

No comments: