Saturday, May 06, 2006

Mom is coming to the premiere, so is (maybe) one of my favorite rock stars

And when I say rock star I mean a real rock star, known to many world wide, secretly & openly worshipped by fans on all 5 continents, a dude who makes a living from music (not essential for being a rock star of course) and more importantly, one of my favorite artists. Very inspirational dude. He will try to make it he said (he's known for keeping his word, so it is a more firm statement than most peoples' "will try to make it"). If nothing else at least I got to talk to him on the phone (on my brand spankin' new "DC red" cell phone w/free incoming calls!) two days ago re: the Date Number One premiere on 5/13 Sat @ Goethe in DC. Dude is not a big fan of name dropping & over-commerciality & hype, as far as I can tell, so I won't mention his name here. But if he does show up, I'll mention it in the show report. Maybe I'll even be able to get a pic w/ him. Either way, it is all good, very happy about the premiere happening in DC, regardless of who shows up & regardless of the crazy amount of work that needs to get done now until 7 PM on Sat 5/13.

Also, The Mom is coming to the premiere. Have not hung out w/her since she returned from her once-every-two-years-or-so trip to Sri Lanka a couple of weeks ago (besides briefly hanging out w/her at the airport when she arrived). I don't think she's been to one of my premieres since "Fresh Coffee" in '92. Should be interesting :) Will write about mom's reaction to the movie here.

And of course two weeks from now I will be rockin' in Seattle w/ the flick's premiere in that storied city. Looking forward to that.

Will have pics from all screenings here.

Special thanks to Craig @ Goethe & Sheila @ City Paper & Stephen Jenner & Don Ramsey @ All Books Considered & Allison Curran for helping to get the DC premiere off the ground. And there will be lots more people to thank soon, in DC & Seattle.

Oh, the flick will play in Kensington, MD on Thu June 22 @ 7 PM. At my screening event Capital City Microcinema. Thanks Elie @ Kensington Row Bookshop for that opportunity.

First review of the flick should be on-line early next week, from Jerry B. of the Hollywood Is Talking blog fame. Looking forward to it.

- Sujewa

2 comments:

Liz Nord said...

Woo! Sujewa! Looks like YOU'RE a rock star!

Can't wait til the movie comes to San Francisco.

Good luck at the screenings!

Sujewa [Blog Admin] said...

Hey Ms.Liz,

I am indeed a rock star, but not of the music making kind (yet:)

Looking forward to playing SF.

Will figure out my SF dates in late May.

Thanks for the support, talk to you soon.

- Sujewa