Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Cinematography Merit Badges

Tonight, Jim and I spent an hour and a half explaining the 180 Degree Rule, pans, tilts, storyboards, dolly grips and so much more to a Boy Scout Troop. My friend Jon who manages all of the Austin Zen's (yes, I've befriended many Zen employees) asked us to help the boys with their Cinematography Merit Badge. We had fun watching them put together a scene and learn to use cameras. Jon said the only other merit badge that they had this much fun with was the plumbing merit badge.

I also found this Italian blog talking about jumping off bridges. I wish I knew what it said. All I know is that there's a great track of Sufjan Stevens doing a solo version of For the Windows in Paradise, for the Fatherless in Ypsilanti. No back up vocals.

No comments: