Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I might throw up.

Last night I had trouble sleeping. I was thinking about the premiere. The nerves are really setting in. I'm distracting myself as much as possible so I don't think about it too much. Or all of the people who are coming to see it ... my parents, distributors, long lost friends from far away, critics ... There's nothing I can do at this point. I love what we've put on the screen and I'm really proud of it. And if people like it, wonderful, if not ... I'll shrug my shoulders.

I finished the latest draft of Brain Brawl this morning. I sent it over to Stacy to read before I make any last minute changes. I want to send it to a few people who are making their way to Austin for the festival. A little plane reading material, if you will. Every time I dig into that script, I get giddy. I'm anxious to get some momentum behind it. It'll be a nice departure for me and a fun little ride from my usual sad, depressing fare.

Tonight the girls are vegging out. Stacy, Tracy, Leslie and I are kicking back, watching LOST and PROJECT RUNWAY. I need a good solid night of rest and relaxation before the hurricane gets underway. I missed last week's episode of LOST where Michael sort of alludes to not having told the truth ... go figure. Of course he's an "Other", people! He always plays bad, creepy, scary, psycho guys. If I'm wrong about this ... I won't be.

Joe O'Connell had a great article on the Austin Film Scene in yesterday's San Antonio Express News.

1 comment:

Sujewa [Blog Admin] said...

Your SXSW related reports are exciting Ms. Kat, keep 'em coming. Best of luck with the premiere, I am sure it will rock.

Sujewa
*******